To create a PR campaign that would expand global perceptions of Singapore’s dining scene beyond it’s vibrant street food culture to include world class chefs and other local cuisines. A campaign commissioned by STB, IE Singapore and SPRING, the brief was for it to showcase Singapore food producers and food businesses, as well as Singapore as a culinary destination, in order to place Singapore in the league of culinary capitals of the world.
- Develop ground-breaking, buzz-generation concept – a custom-fabricated shipping container, aptly named the Singapore Takeout, that unfolded into a working kitchen that would make appearances at 9 major cities around the world.
- Create and roll out the content for each stop that Singapore Takeout made. Singapore’s top chefs were paired with culinary stars unique to each market.
- Manage all Takeout events which were tailored to suit individual markets and showcased different chefs from Singapore in different concepts ranging from food truck to fine dining.
- Run immersion programs to introduce Singapore food to visiting chefs prior to collaborations.
- Manage global PR around the Takeout with in-market agencies.
- Greater global understanding of Singapore’s culture, cuisine, chefs and food manufacturers.
- Increased recall of Singapore as a travel destination.
- PR value of approximately SGD 30 million.
- International media coverage spanning publications in the UK, France, Russia, the US, India, the Middle East, Australia, Hong Kong, China and more.